Verifone Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PAY) today exhibited the breadth of its payment and management solutions for public transportation at the Mobility & City Transport Exhibition of the International Association of Public Transport (UITP) World Congress and Exhibition here (Booth 1D314).
Verifone is exhibiting a broad slate of products and management solutions spanning automated fare collection, taxi payment and media systems, ticketing and card loading, and dispatch and fleet management.
“Payment is at the hub of public transportation systems and transit authorities are leveraging the emerging contactless payment technology to drive system modernization efforts,” said Soner Casur, Vice President & General Manager for Verifone South East Europe, “Verifone is utilizing is industry-leading payment expertise to develop the most comprehensive and integrated components and end-to-end management solutions for public transport environments.”
Verifone has deployed transportation systems around the world, from Istanbul to Singapore to New York City, and supports both EMV and non-EMV bank-issued cards as well as closed-loop cards, such as MiFare cards. It is utilizing the UITP venue to bring together its complete public transportation portfolio for the first time, displaying product and management solutions that include:
- Automated Fare Collection– Verifone’s solution enables municipalities to operate fully automated payment utilizing contactless payment for various modes of transport, integrating with back-office information systems as well as the systems employed by banks, dealers, government offices and transport companies.
- Integrated Taxi Payment and Media– Verifone has deployed more taxi management and payment solutions worldwide than any other vendor, ranging from taximeter-based integrated card processing systems to individual and payment wireless solutions. Passenger Information Monitors support the delivery of entertainment, directory and multimedia information for passengers, as well as location-based services.
- Ticketing and Card Top-Up– Unattended self-service solutions from Verifone make it easy for passengers to purchase and reload cards. More than 2,000 systems deployed by Verifone support high-volume usage and enable realtime data mining, pricing and revenue controls.
- Fleet Dispatch and Management– Verifone’s integrated dispatch and management solutions enable fleet operators and municipalities to more efficiently direct taxis to the areas where they are most needed. With GPS and GPRS communications tracking movement, checking fuel levels and monitoring revenue, Verifone’s solutions increase productivity while improving productivity and customer service.
- End-to-End Information Management– Complete systems development services specifically geared to transportation solutions, including requirements analysis, systems design, project management, development and integration.
Verifone is a global leader in secure electronic transaction solutions. The company's devices and systems process a broad spectrum of payment types including signature and PIN-based debit cards, credit cards, EMV smart cards, contactless, value-added applications, and signature capture. Our solutions incorporate existing and emerging technologies, comply with the latest global security standards, and take advantage of the latest connectivity options from GPRS, CDMA, and Wi-Fi to IP and Bluetooth-enabled devices.
About Verifone Holdings, Inc. (www.verifone.com)
Verifone Holdings, Inc. (“Verifone”) (NYSE: PAY) is the global leader in secure electronic payment solutions. Verifone provides expertise, solutions and services that add value to the point of sale with merchant-operated, consumer-facing and self-service payment systems for the financial, retail, hospitality, petroleum, government and healthcare vertical markets. Verifone solutions are designed to meet the needs of merchants, processors and acquirers in developed and emerging economies worldwide.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for Verifone Holdings, Inc.:
This press release includes certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management's current expectations or beliefs and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements herein due to changes in economic, business, competitive, technological and/or regulatory factors, and other risks and uncertainties affecting the operation of the business of Verifone Holdings, Inc. These risks and uncertainties include: our ability to successfully deploy payment and management solutions for public transportation, our customers' acceptance and adoption of our newly released products and applications, our ability to protect against fraud, the status of our relationship with and condition of third parties upon whom we rely in the conduct of our business, our dependence on a limited number of customers, uncertainties related to the conduct of our business internationally, our dependence on a limited number of key employees, short product cycles, rapidly changing technologies and maintaining competitive leadership position with respect to our payment solution offerings. For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, see our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our annual report on Form 10-K and our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. Verifone is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, changes in assumptions or otherwise.