No one likes waiting in line. When shoppers find the right tee shirt, greeting card or video game, they want to pay for it right then and there - and that's what Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T* allows them to do.
Available today on iOS, Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T helps strip away the hassles of in-store shopping and can improve the overall customer experience. Sales associates armed with mobile devices can scan items, apply coupons and discounts, and complete credit card transactions from any location in the store. In addition, the tablet-based solutions provide the ability to sell items from inventory not available in the store - helping to prevent lost sales. With this solution, associates can remain engaged with their customers, quickly and efficiently.
Businesses can easily configure this mobile point of sale application to meet their specific needs. An electronics retailer, for instance, might want to load product images and information about extended warranties onto its employees' smartphones or tablets. When a salesperson scans the barcode on an MP3 player, he or she can then make focused recommendations for protection plans and accessories like headphones, cases and car chargers.
"Customers don't want to wait in line or stand around as a sales person runs off to find information on a product -- they want great service in a timely manner," said Chris Hill, Vice President, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business and Home Solutions. "The addition of Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T to our mobility portfolio helps businesses complete transactions efficiently and attentively, ultimately helping to drive new revenue generation and increase competitive advantage."
Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T can also change the game in service industries, offering restaurants tableside ordering and payment capabilities, and for hotels, allowing hospitality staff to add purchases to guest room bills. By increasing customer engagement and payment convenience, businesses can have a direct - and positive - impact on revenue.
"AT&T is bringing mobile checkout and other time-saving features to enhance consumer interaction wherever payment and service is most convenient with Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T apps that help increase loyalty and revenue potential while also streamlining operations," said Jennifer Miles, Verifone executive vice president, North America.
Potential benefits of Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T include:
- Faster, more effective customer service that brings sales associates out onto the floor instead of trapping them behind cash registers, creating the opportunity to increase return visits and improve loyalty.
- Reduction of checkout lines, which helps prevent revenue loss caused by customers' walking away from their purchases.
- Easy access to information anywhere in the store, which can drive new sales opportunities.
- On-the-spot enrollment in loyalty or reward programs.
- Integration with existing point of sale systems (POS) to make the transition to mobile POS simple and intuitive for employees.
Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T provides options not offered by typical mobile POS products:
- The retailing application, designed for use on tablets, enables sales personnel to interact with customers through a rich array of information - videos, catalogs and other digital content - almost immediately. The salesperson can service a customer from anywhere in the store, with access to customer history and product information, specifications and videos. Instead of undertaking the expensive endeavor of building physical kiosks, tablets are transformed into portable, virtual kiosks.
- The inventory app helps sales associates remain more engaged with their customers prior to checkout. In a shoe store, for instance, employees can perform tasks, such as searching the back room inventory for different sizes or colors, without abandoning the customer.
- If a company's current POS system is out-of-date, it can move all of its payment processes into the cloud through AT&T. This practically eliminates the need to maintain information servers for payment processes in the back office, making the business more mobile than ever.
AT&T will demo Verifone GlobalBay Solutions™ from AT&T at International CTIA WIRELESS 2012, Booth #1357.
Explore the possibilities: http://go-att.us/mobility .
 iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates - AT&T operating companies - are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
About Verifone Systems, Inc. (www.verifone.com)
Verifone Systems, Inc. ("Verifone") (NYSE: PAY) is the global leader in secure electronic payment solutions. Verifone provides expertise, solutions and services that add value to the point of sale with merchant-operated, consumer-facing and self-service payment systems for the financial, retail, hospitality, petroleum, government and healthcare vertical markets. Verifone solutions are designed to meet the needs of merchants, processors and acquirers in developed and emerging economies worldwide.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Cautionary Language Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this press release contains financial estimates and other forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially. A discussion of factors that may affect future results is contained in AT&T's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. AT&T disclaims any obligation to update and revise statements contained in this news release based on new information or otherwise.